Translation Project Manager – Junior
Global Voices is a real commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting new international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world’s best-known brands; international government bodies with clients large and small from both public and private sector, worldwide.
Our bright, attractive offices are located in Stirling Innovation Park. One of Europe’s most picturesque business centres, we have stunning views of the towering Wallace Monument and the surrounding heather-clad hills. We also have ample free parking available!
See what our staff have to say in our 2020 employer brand video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLmR8i3DKM
THE TRANSLATION PROJECT MANAGER – JUNIOR
The role will be predominately based at our Head Office in Stirling, Scotland, UK working Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Overseeing translation projects through to completion; from Account Manager handover, to complete and accurate, timely client delivery, encompassing elements of quality checking, diary and timeline management, and stakeholder management.
- Contacting and maintaining relationships with freelance Linguists.
- Managing many varied translation projects on all kinds of topics, by many varied types of company.
- Negotiating rates and margins with freelance Linguists.
- Quality-checking of translated documents.
- Raising quality issues with Linguists and senior staff.
- Arranging delivery dates with Linguists.
- Updating CRM systems with delivery data, client and Linguist information.
- Spot-checking internal and external Linguist works before they are delivered externally.
- Providing world class customer service to world class clients across the globe.
- Helping clients reach previously untapped markets with outstanding growth potential.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A great deal of confidence, extroversion, and business acumen.
- A clear, concise, and diplomatic communication style.
- A robust and focused attitude, with the ability to demonstrate clarity of thought.
- A keen desire to play a key role within a critical department, crucial for success.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Fast, clear career growth and development within a rapidly scaling, highly entrepreneurial company.
- Private healthcare (length of service dependent).
- Private pension scheme.
- Competitive annual leave entitlement.
- Ample, free onsite parking.
- A colourful, vibrant, multi-cultural, progressive team and working environment.
- Dogs at work initiative.
- Various company sports teams.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Fluency in another European language is desirable.
- Full clean driving licence or local to the area.
- Prior experience in the language services industry.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment.
- A degree background in translation / communication / languages.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Positive, ambitious, and energetic people with a hunger to succeed.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Robust, assertive, and outwardly confident in nature.
- Career focused with progression in mind.
All applications to this role must come directly from the prospective candidate. As such, Global Voices does not engage the services of recruitment/employment agencies.