Full Stack Developer – Senior
Global Voices is a real commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting new international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world’s best-known brands; international government bodies with clients large and small from both public and private sector, worldwide.
Our bright, attractive offices are located in Stirling Innovation Park. One of Europe’s most picturesque business centres, we have stunning views of the towering Wallace Monument and the surrounding heather-clad hills. We also have ample free parking available!
See what our staff have to say in our 2020 employer brand video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLmR8i3DKM
THE FULL STACK DEVELOPER – SENIOR
The role will be predominately based at our Head Office in Stirling, Scotland, UK working Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- New development of website, hub system, internal intranet systems and automated quotation systems.
- New development of client billing and payment systems.
- Helping to mentor, motivate and support a team of Web Developers.
- Provide code quality reviews of submitted code.
- Implement CI pipelines.
- Make sure technical offerings are fit for purpose, secure, scalable and performant.
- Foster a collaborative culture within a tiered development team.
- Integration of new CRM systems with Portal and internet systems.
- Integration of specialist machine translation programmes such as SDL Trados with quotation systems and internal intranet systems.
- Bug-fixing within new and existing applications.
- Ownership and resolution of support requests.
- Working with Digital Marketing, Graphics Design and UX Design to implement elegant user systems which are a delight to use.
- Helping clients reach previously untapped markets, with outstanding growth potential.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5 years of experience of front-end development (2 of which with Angular, Vue or React).
- 5 years of experience of back-end development (2 of which with Node).
- 2 years of experience mentoring and motivating developers.
- 3 years of experience with CI.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Fast, clear career growth and development within a rapidly scaling, highly entrepreneurial company.
- Private healthcare (length of service dependent).
- Private pension scheme.
- Competitive annual leave entitlement.
- Ample, free onsite parking.
- A colourful, vibrant, multi-cultural, progressive team and working environment.
- Dogs at work initiative.
- Various company sports teams.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Fluency in another European language is desirable.
- Full clean driving licence or local to the area.
- Prior experience in the language services industry.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Positive, ambitious, and energetic people with a hunger to succeed.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Robust, assertive, and outwardly confident in nature.
- Career focused with progression in mind.
All applications to this role must come directly from the prospective candidate. As such, Global Voices does not engage the services of recruitment/employment agencies.